The Krell Connect, the ultimate in high-resolution audio streaming technology. From FLAC to WAV, Apple Lossless, MP-4a, MP3 and WMA, the Connect plays back up to 192kHz/24-bit audio plus Internet radio, all to Krell's highest fidelity standards.
The Wi-Fi-equipped Connect is available in two forms: digital only, or with a built-in Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) module. The DAC-equipped Connect has a 32-bit ESS Sabre chipset with discrete, direct-coupled analog circuitry outputting via RCA or balanced audio outputs. The digital-only version has both coax and Toslink optical outputs.
Extensive audio libraries are easy to navigate via the Connect's built-in 3.5-inch QVGA LCD screen. Alternately, full-featured iOS and Android apps offer full control from anywhere in the home.
In addition to playback of FLAC and WAV files up to 192kHz/24-bit, the Connect also streams Ogg, WMA, and MP3. Unlike some music streamers, gapless playback is possible, allowing for no breaks between album tracks. Live concert albums, for example, can be played as a seamless, uninterrupted experience
Internet radio gets the same conversion as the high-resolution files (on DAC-equipped models), providing the best possible sound quality from online streaming content.
The Connect will be available at Krell authorized dealers in March 2013.
Up to 192kHz/24-bit playback
- 3.5-inch QVGA (320x240) LCD Display
- Internet Radio UPnP/DLNA-compliant
- iOS and Android apps for control. IR Remote optional.
- V-Tuner equipped
- Wi-Fi and USB, plus Toslink optical and coax digital inputs (DAC model only)
- Rack Mountable
- Optional 32-bit ESS Sabre DAC features 192k/24-bit playback, with Krell fully discrete, balanced, Current mode analog circuitry
- DAC model features RCA and Balanced outputs.
- Supported Formats: FLAC, Ogg, WAV, WMA, Apple Lossless, MP-4a, MP3
Sept - 2013 - Martin Colloms
"It certainly showed traditional Krell strengths in its bold, muscular and extended bass lines. Midrange dynamics were fine, and allied to very good detail retrieval and spacious, well focused stereo images with fine depth. The reproduction has a very good sense of power and scale" .. more